12-14 December EWGPWD Meeting - my writings/ Reunião de Dezembro - o que escrevi

Writing is very important to me. During our meeting in Brussels, I wrote some thoughts about this disease, Alzheimer's disease. 

Escrever é muito importante para mim. Durante a nossa reunião em Bruxelas, escrevi alguns pensamentos sobre esta doença, doença de Alzheimer.



Today, 12-12-2016
I, Idalina Aguiar, was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease.
Until now I didn’t know this disease, but it was good to discover it on time, and I can fight and help other people with the same disease.



Brussels, 13 December 2016
I, Idalina, was an healthy person, but now was diagnosed me Alzheimer’s disease. I was sad, but I will to overcome it, God willing. I will do as much as possible. I play card games, I read a lot, and I do everything to distract myself and to get away from the daily routine. I trust in my skills and I have the help of Lucília and Gonçalo. That help will be precious to me. I have the help of my daughter Nélida. I fight for the inclusion of people like me on society, to overcome stigmas.
Dementia isn’t the end, and society need to include people with dementia. Now I will try to translate this to English.

Comentários